Saturday, August 9, 2014

My Prayer For Law School

Tuesday I embark on a new journey. A chaotic, stressful, challenging one. I become a law student. I would be lying if I said I was not worried, nervous, and fearful. During times like this where anxiety sets in my instincts lead me to talk to God, to pray, to cast my worries on him. And I have been in prayer for a while, and I have decided to pray the prayer below starting on Tuesday until law school is over.  Also, many of you have asked what you can pray for specifically or what you can do to help. The answer is pray for me :)  Below you who have asked what specifically to pray for will see I am asking for courage and peace. I'll keep y'all updated throughout my journey. Thank you all for praying with me and for me. May God bless you all. 

FATHER, 
I come before you knowing full and well that I am in the middle of your plan for my life. Yet my nerves are running rampant, fear of failure is present, and worries flood my mind.  Yet through all of these emotions I am choosing to hold on to your promises. Trusting that you will provide for me, that you will strengthen me, give me boldness, and pick me up when I fall. As I enter into this new journey, I ask that you enable me to touch others, be a light into my peers and proffesors, always reflecting your love, grace and mercies. Thank you for giving me such a wonderful support system, for placing positive people in my life, and for placing who believe in me, even when statistics say I, a young mother shouldn't be in law school, much less graduated with a bachelors. Thank you for guiding me through to this point, for turning my TEST into a TESTimony , and thanks in advance for helping and guiding me through this new endeavor; law school. For all things are possible through you and all things work together for those who love you. 

Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment